Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
1) I am going to join my friend Connie and many more tomorrow for an 8-hour phone/computer fast. So from 8am – 4pm tomorrow I am going to be completely offline! Wish me luck!!
2) Eli’s “paci” disappeared for real on Sunday. It needed to happen but we didn’t plan it…we just can’t find it! I am desperate to find it before he does because he has done pretty well without it the past couple nights and I don’t want him to have it back. I know it’s in the house…but where???
3) Speaking of Eli, he can be a real pain in the nose sometimes. Literally.
He’s been known to bite his sister (and parents) sometimes….but ON THE NOSE? Ouch!
4)We had a run of summer weather but it is back to the clouds today…..kindergarten starts in 1 week, 2 days, and 23 hours.
Not that I’m counting.
5) My cousin Nicole is most likely moving to Crete or Florence to further her education and cultural experiences. I am so excited for her, what an adventure!
6) We are heading to Eastern Washington this weekend to visit my Grandma and Aunt’s and Uncles (Nicole would normally be there too but she decided to leave to see some friends – boo! )
Also, Mickey is participating in his last triathlon of the season and it’s a doozy – approx. 1 mile swim, 25 mile bike ride, and lastly a 6 mile run. I’m worn out just reading that.
7) We had a garage sale this past Saturday. Fun and successful and something we are so totally NOT going to do again (even though we had plenty of helpers!).
8) I’m on a break this week from my normal 3-morning a week boot camp workout. BUT my friend Ellen (who has a fabulous vegan food blog) talked me into going to her workout with her a few times this week, which also involves getting up before there is a “5” on my clock. Makes for early mornings but I get. it. done. One of these days I’ll do a post about my workouts – they are intense!
9) Movie night tonight – I’m making Rolo pretzel cookies. Easy to make – put a Rolo (unwrapped of course) on top of a pretzel (on a cookie sheet lined with parchment) until you fill the sheet (or run out)…bake at 350 for about 5 minutes then take them out and smoosh another pretzel on top. Let cool – and try not to scarf them all down.
10) Wishing you all a fabulous Tuesday!!
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Monday, August 22, 2011
Happy Monday morning!
One more week of summer camp.
Then we get a week off (except for dance class starting back up).
Hannah may be ready.
Not so sure about me. Going from 3-day a week 3-hour preschool classes to all day every day kindergarten is going to be a big change.
Two more weeks.
Friday, August 19, 2011
Monday, August 15, 2011
I could tell you that my sister, brother in law, and nephew are visiting for a week and so far it’s off to a fun start.
I could tell you my sister and brother in law left for a couple days (of said visit) while my nephew stays behind with us to play.
I could tell you we had a great weekend with lots of fun, friends, and food.
I could tell you that Saturday morning I had to go to the ER for a couple stitches after an unfortunate incident with my hand-held smoothie blender (and my finger). Note to self: UNPLUG before attempting to remove stuck food from blade.
I could tell you that I went for a 6 mile walk on Sunday.
I could tell you that this week is filled with plenty of fun plans and activities.
I could tell you that we have to bid adieu to Macy in a couple days.
I could tell you that it’s hard to type with a bandage covering my left index finger.
I could go on and on.
But it is Monday.
So instead I will just give you an Eli moment.