Congrats on the 1/2 marathon my friend and thanks for the kind words about my baby and her arm. All is well - she just bruised it really bad and the muscle and tissue are swollen. They gave her a sling and told her to take Tylenol. Big hugs! :o)
I gave my daughter a box of those Valentine’s candy hearts to eat and every time she crunches down on one it is like a spear going through my head. Next time, remember to go for the softer ones. I hate noise. Hate it. Like Jeckyll and Hyde hate it. I hate crunching, chewing, snapping, typing, clicking, clacking, humming, popping, sucking, clipping, clicking, tapping. I have an intense fear of being stuck in an elevator with a bunch of people snapping gum. Or eating popcorn. Or typing on keyboards. Or clipping nails. Oh, the torture! I was thrilled when I saw an article in Time Magazine recently that indicated I was not alone. But it also indicated that perhaps the best way to conquer the phobia is to face it head on – by being exposed to those noises you hate the most until you mentally figure out that it’s just noise, accept it, and move on. I do feel part of my problem is mental, because, with the exception of those candy ...
There's lots of cows here. And horses. In fact, yesterday my mom and I saw a "stray" horse running around the neighborhood. But, fear not, I am really not that far away from civilization. The kids and I decided to spend spring break at my mom's, which is on a good day about a 4 hour drive from my neck of the state. This is convenient because all of my other family and many friends live in the area as well. Battle Ground, Vancouver, Camas, Portland. We have been Pacific Northwest-world travelers for sure. And what a fun time we have had. I am so glad I decided to brave a week alone with the kids. They have been super troopers, moving with me from place to place, visit to visit. The weather quite frankly sucked (it was even trying to SNOW today!). But the company was fabulous so I will not complain for another moment. The only thing I did not accomplish this week was blog reading. We come home Friday. I am SURE daddy has ...
Comments
You are amazing!