Tuesday, August 10, 2010

This is what happens….

This is what happens when:

You have a girls night planned with your daughter and step-daughter, and

Said girls decide it is THE night to get their ears pierced (hole #2 for step-daughter, first time for Hannah), and

Said girls are both resolute in their decisions, even though they are a teeny bit nervous about the potential pain, and

Both girls remain solid and strong until you get to the mall and it’s go time, and

Hannah, who had been planning to go first up until this point decides that perhaps Macy should go first, and

Well, Macy didn’t want to go first.  Macy might have been a teeny bit terrified nervous, but being the big sister that she is, got into the chair, and

spent a few minutes (like 20!)  preparing for the piercing, all the while with Hannah saying “it won’t hurt at all, just do it Macy!”, and

I held her hands, and

She did it. 

And she said it didn’t hurt much at all.

Hannah was of course next, and suddenly the confident demeanor faded (I thought FOR SURE she was ready this time) but we had the gal get the earrings ready, and

Hannah flipped out. 

Nope.  Not going to do it.  No way.  I want out of this chair.

And then we were informed that once the earrings are open you have to pay for the package (everything is sealed together including the piercing instruments). 

And it was at this point that I even thought to ask “well how much is it?”. 

And I found out it was $36.50!!! 

Oh. 

So, this is what happens when you’re daughter changes her mind at the last minute about getting her ears pieced and you have to pay the $36.50 anyways:

IMG_3660

And, darn it.

It did HURT. 

PS:  Miss Macy left to go back to her mom in San Diego a couple days ago and things just aren’t quite the same around here.  We miss you!! 

post signature

20 comments:

Megan said...

heehee Cute! I can't tell, is that #2 or #3?

Sorry you're missing Macy. =(

The Blonde Duck said...

Oh my God. What a rude company!

McGillicutty said...

i already have two.. i would have had them do my belly button!!! LOL

Brian Miller said...

i was 18 when i did mine myself by pushing the stud through my ear...

Liz Mays said...

The summer flew by and I can't believe she had to go back already! The earrings look cute!

Blue&White said...

I just got mine done in march (super horrid fear of needles...I usually faint, haha) but I think having the boyfriend there (and being in the middle of the mall aka PUBLIC) helped me out a bit! But I couldn't drive home because I was light-headed. :) So Hannah still has until she's 24 to beat me ;)

Keeling said...

It makes for a cute story though!

Mike said...

You will probably end up with about 12 of them! LOL

Annie said...

Hahaha, you are so funny.

Stephanie said...

LOL You are a super cool Mom!

Trac~ said...

Awww... poor thing! I got my daughter's ears piereced when she was 6 months old (that was the earliest I could get them done) and she screamed for about 5 minutes or so and then all was good and she's never had a problem since. I waited until I was in the 8th grade for mine and I've had nothing BUT problems! LOL I know ya'll are going to really miss Macy for sure as I'm sure Hannah really will. Big hugs!

Three Js said...

Well, yours are VERY cute anyhow. Maybe next year! Jacob told me he wants "pretty toes" like mine. He was sobbing that his were too plain. Guess I'd better invest in some polish :)

Connie said...

I don't think I would have had mine pierced! I'd rather lose the cash than go through that pain again!

You are a trooper!!

Sorry your missing Macy. :(

THE Stephanie said...

Oh, I feel your pain. Literally.

I took Ashton 3 times, I think, before she actually got her ears pierced. And altho I didn't have to pay for an opened package that wasn't used, once she did them pierced, and I got to the register, I was SHOCKED to see that it was $40!!!! For some tiny earrings!

Dang inflation.

Jennifer Oberth said...

Love the story! Thank you for sharing. Very funny!

Bliss said...

I am still to chicken to get mine done :)

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I would of done the same thing...no way I am paying $ for nothing.

Looks cute.

yonca said...

Your earrings look cool.I was thinking to have second one last year.Maybe next year:)

MamaJoss said...

AWESOME and I love the Pink...H is probably already changing her tune again now that she sees how pretty they look on Mommy :)

Little BGCG said...

For 36.50 I would have done the same thing!!