Monday, February 6, 2012

eli in the park

Although the air is very crisp, the sun has been shining and we have been trying to take advantage when we can (new pictures, yay!).

Eli had chosen to wear his “fancy outfit” on this day, but before we went to the park he took off his vest and tie and put a black tank over his white dress shirt (which was over his new blue polo shirt). 

IMG_9725

And I am pretty sure he had TWO pairs of shorts on under his pants.

IMG_9747

IMG_9749IMG_9753IMG_9780

IMG_9765

IMG_9778

IMG_9782

On the way home we stopped to say hi to the ducks.  I really hope they digest fishy crackers okay. 

IMG_9783_edited-1

Since I was curious I just googled what to feed ducks:

  • Cracked corn
  • Wheat
  • Barley
  • Oats
  • Milo
  • Birdseed
  • Grapes (cut in half)
  • Frozen peas or corn (defrosted)
  • Earthworms
  • Chopped lettuce
  • Vegetable trimmings or peels (chopped)

Fishy crackers are not on the list and apparently bread, our usual go to, is bad too. 

I enjoy my alone time with Eli, mostly….he is giving this mamma a lot of drama right now and it is very nice when I have a chance to just enjoy him and all his adorable little boy cuteness.

IMG_9698_edited-1

post signature

17 comments:

Liz Mays said...

You're brave to let him take to the park in his finery! But then again, who could resist that adorable face?

Eeesh, I've been feeding the ducks improperly all these years...

Three Js said...

Ahh, what a sweetie. Most of the time. Enjoy these days when you have him all to yourself :)

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Oh boy I hear you with the little stinker moments. We've been having A LOT of those lately. I finding these rare little sweet moments keep me going ... lol

I'm LOVING his outfit choice!

Kaci said...

Looks like you both had a fun time! =) I always feed our ducks bread? Whoops.

Brian Miller said...

ha i love that he had a tank top on over it...smiles...love my one on one time with my boys too...some great shots...i think the ducks will be ok...smiles.

Connie said...

Good to see that he's dressing in layers!!

I have no idea what you feed fowl.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Adorable outfit there! I am sure the ducks will survive, right? Or just go to another park so you don't have to seem them dying. (cheerful, aren't I!?)
He is adorable, as always!

Sherrie said...

LOL! Love his choice of clothing! He's a hoot! :)

Mike said...

Eli is such a great name! Did I mention that I'm a Giants fan? lol

Seriously...he looks like a little Elvis

Annie said...

Huge difference from weather. Enjoy the warm days and have lots of fun with your beautiful kids.

AiringMyLaundry said...

I so love his outfit! Tommy went through a phase where he wanted to wear a tie everywhere when he was younger.

The Blonde Duck said...

Ducks will eat anything. Trust me.

Molly said...

love his fancy outfit : )

Dee said...

What a cutie - lovin his style! Isabella was crawling on the ground in one of her best outfits earlier, I was worried she'd put a hole or get red mud on it!

Bliss said...

Glad you get some cuteness mixed in with the mischievousness :)
And the layered look is always in fashion so Eli might just be the next design superstar.

TLF said...

hahahaha.. my son has an amazing sense of style as well! it always cracks me up the stuff they pick out and wanna wear!

Queenie Jeannie said...

He's such a charmer!!!