Monday, February 20, 2012

Quick Update

Hannah woke up yesterday morning calling for me (as she has done every morning since she got sick).  I could tell by looking at her that she had a fever, but when I took her temp it was 106.5.

I freaked a tiny bit, I admit...but I kept it pretty cool for Hannah.  Only my insides were freaking.

We got her in the car and I sped drove her to the ER.

They ran some tests and did a chest X-Ray and diagnosed her with pneumonia.

I might add we did go see the pediatrician on Friday, wish they had done a chest x-ray at that point rather then send us home telling us to wait it out a few more days (they didn't suspect pneumonia because it's low in her lungs and she is not having trouble breathing and a couple of the more obvious symptoms didn't begin until later on Friday).

We were able to go home after a few hours in the ER, and now that she has been on antibiotics for 24 hours she is finally showing some signs of improvement.

Hoping she might be able to return to school later this week.

post signature

22 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying she feels better fast. And I don't blame you one bit about freaking out.

Liz Mays said...

Wow, that was high, but good for you not freaking out openly. I'm so glad she's improving now with medication!

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

OMG! Sending lots of prayers your way. I would have freaked out for sure...
Glad to hear that she is on the mend, and hoping that she is 100% VERY soon!

Brian Miller said...

oh my...i am glad you got her there...that is scary...ugh on the pediatrician...

Amy said...

How scary! I hope that she feels better soon!

Mike said...

106.5....

Thank God she's okay now!!!

Sherrie said...

Thank goodness she's okay. Glad they figured out what's wrong, and hopefully she'll be on the mend soon.

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Get well soon, Miss Hannah!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Poor girl. I hope she's doing better!

Stephanie said...

Oh honey! What a scare, thank goodness you have her on the mend now. hugs

Annie said...

OMG, poor Hannah!!! Wish she feel better soon. Praying for her.

The Blonde Duck said...

I had pneumonia as a kid, twice. It's not fun!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Prayers with Hannah for a speedy recovery. I'm sorry mama had to have a scary moment! I hate those.

Anonymous said...

So scary! I'm glad she's on the mend.

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

That such a high temp! Sounds like you handled it well. I probably wouldn't have kept my cool on the outside. I'm so glad she's doing better.

The Blonde Duck said...

Hope everything is better today!

Annie said...

How is Hannah? Hope she is feeling better.
XOXO

Bonnie said...

I hope she feels better soon! It seems like everyone is getting sick lately.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Trac~ said...

Hoping Hannah is feeling much better now my friend! Will text you in our "words" game to give you the "NEWS" - LOL xoxoxo

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

I hope she feels all better now!

James (SeattleDad) said...

Holey Smokes! 106.5? I would really freak out if Lukas was that high. I am a bit late here (been under the radar for a while now) but I am glad she made it through that.

Patricia said...

Awww hope she's doing better now. How freaky for you momma!