Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A busy 5 days….

We just wrapped up a 5-day visit with my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew.  They make an effort to come up to see us at least 3 or 4 times a year, and we always have a good time (plus my sister willingly does at least half my housework for me so I appreciate that too, especially since she won’t take “no” for an answer!). 

Some highlights from their visit:

A trip to our local museum to visit the Family Interactive Gallery where we were able to play:

IMG_4095

IMG_4098 This is Eli’s back.

IMG_4111

IMG_4119

And if that wasn’t exciting enough, afterwards we went into the art room and worked on a little bubble wrap painting project!

IMG_4130

IMG_4134

IMG_4141

IMG_4146 IMG_4150 IMG_4149

After we colored and painted it was time to flip the bubble wrap and stomp all over it!

IMG_4153

All done:

IMG_4168

On Saturday we visited a local apple orchard.  Hannah decided she needed a farm outfit.  The hat was apparently the closest she could come to a farmer’s hat, but they do have farms in Mexico right?

IMG_4173

IMG_4186

Signs of fall abound at an apple orchard:

IMG_4193

IMG_4215

IMG_4198

IMG_4228 IMG_4220

IMG_4178_edited-1

We also had some wonderful meals out and plenty of play time!  Thanks Jason, Jaime, and Jacob (AKA the 3’J’s) for a wonderful visit!  I’d tell you to come back soon but I know you will! :)

I will try to catch up with all my blogger friends soon – I know I am way behind with most of your posts!!

post signature

23 comments:

Connie said...

That place looks like fun! What a great use for bubble wrap!

The Blonde Duck said...

It looks like a great time!

Bliss said...

The bubble wrap art project looked like it might be fun for adults. That is so cute that Hanna wanted to dress "for the farm".

Unknown said...

The bubble wrap project looks awesome (my kids LOVE bubble wrap). And an apple orchard?!?! I totally need to find something like that around here.

Brian Miller said...

oh wow...that looks like sucha fun place...we have a childrens museum here that we go to as well...

Three Js said...

Wow, the photos turned out great! And now I won't have to do a blog post. Well, maybe a short one :)

Katie Lane said...

That bubble wrap looks so cool - I want to try it :)

Also LOVE the 'farmer' hat!

Michelle said...

Looks like a lot of fun.
I love the pictures!

Kimi said...

I cannot get over the Mexico hat. It is cracking me up. I think it totally completes the ensemble!!

Rachael said...

Do you guys like the FIG? I have not taken Sam since the other childrens museum closed because I was reluctant about the changes. Is it still good for younger kids?

Annie said...

HAving fun with family is the best.

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I love, love, love Hannah's outfit for the apple orchard! She is so darn cute and stylin'!

bernthis said...

I literally fainted after reading the part where your sister helps you with the housekeeping. If you knew mine, you'd know why

Queenie Jeannie said...

What a fun visit!! I love going to orchards too!

Jen said...

I would have never thought of that bubble wrap project. How fun!

yonca said...

What a fantastic place to spent some time together. That bubble wrap looks so much FUN:)

Unknown said...

I love your sister in law. I wonder if she is interested in coming here to clean.... give her my number : )

Kate Coveny Hood said...

Looks like fun and I NEVER say no to people who "insist" on cleaning my house. Sadly - it doesn't happen very often. These people who complain about their mother in law coming over and cleaning are nuts! I'd play that for all it's worth, "Yes I really AM a disaster at keeping house. What WOULD we do without you?"

Love the brown hat and that shot of the apples.

HeatherOz said...

I LOVE the farmer hat!! Looks like so much fun! I wish we could get some Fall around here! It is still 100+ degrees!

Anonymous said...

I am way behind too. I wish I had a sister who'd volunteer to clean my house.

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Great Fall pics, I would be framing those.

Unknown said...

I am so going to try this the next time I get a little bubble wrap in the mail! Looks like so much fun!

Lynn Hahn said...

wow! You sure have a lot of people watching your family. How long have you been blogging?