Thursday, August 13, 2009

Where did she go?

Some of you are wondering why I posted a goodbye to Macy.

So, just to clarify, Macy is my step-daughter.  She lives with her mom, step-father, brother, and sister in San Diego most of the year.  She sees us whenever she can and the summer is when we get to spend the longest amount of time with her. 

She is now back in sunny California and getting ready to start the 8th grade next week! 

IMG_5656

And, since I feel the urge to include a photo, here is a recent one of Hannah who was “posing” by holding her hand under her face.  She then said “this would make a nice picture mom, go get your camera”, and held still until I complied. 

And the “bracelet” on her wrist is from a recent trip with dad and Macy to a water park/resort.

And by “recent” I mean well over a month ago.

post signature

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pose! And the bracelet adds the perfect amount of flair!

Jeni said...

I can't believe she still has the GWL bracelet on her arm! Too funny and great photo!

Liz Mays said...

She's darling and I love that she's all about the shot! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great summer with her!

haha i'm surprised that bracelet hasn't rotted off yet!

valentine said...

that is so funny that she held the pose until you got your camera!

Three Js said...

She's a natural!

Megan said...

Haha! That is so cute! Hilarious that she's kept that "bracelet" on for so long!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Ha, very cute! I remember leaving those bracelets on as long as I could when I was a kid:)

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Of course she doesn't want to take the bracelet off!!

wife.mom.nurse said...

Awe, so darling.

Oh, I just loved your post for Macy. It touched my heart!