Monday, May 11, 2009

Tess

I am not exactly positive what our new cats name is. I thought I was told “Tessa”. But I have also heard “Tessie”, and “Tess” thrown around. My daughter has taken to calling her “T”.

This has been T’s base of operation for the past week:

IMG_3758

Our guest room. See that little lump? Yep, that’s the cat.

And now, her debut appearance:

IMG_3762

I was actually worried about how our other cat would react to T, but Tawny could care less. Tess is actually the one hissing and running from Tawny. But I am sure they will become friends, eventually.

The dog also has no problem with either cat and proceeds to ignore them both as much as possible.

Tess is coming out to visit much more often. She is very friendly.

Baxter got his staples out today!! I am thrilled to be done with the cone head – he just could not figure out his new “width” and was constantly hitting things with his cone head. He has knocked over my kids more than once! And I can’t wait for him to have a bath!!!

Baxter’s pathology report graded the tumor at a low “2”, which means we just have to keep an eye on it at this point.

----------------

As you saw from my “10 on the 10th” post, I had a wonderful Mother’s Day. We were in Seattle to celebrate my husband’s birthday. But it was Mother’s Day when we woke up, so I am claiming a bit of the festivities for my own too!

We enjoyed our night out, and I didn’t miss the kids one bit!

Okay, maybe I missed them a little…..

IMG_3854

post signature

13 comments:

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

How could you not miss those little cuties?

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Awww! Love your new furbaby! And her hiding spot!

Optimistic Pessimist said...

Your kitty is sooooo cute. I just want to crawl under the covers with her and cuddle!

Dee said...

CUTE kitty! And I'm glad you had a good mother's day!

Sherrie said...

Cute pic of you two, and the kitty is super cute, too. I have to admire everyone else's cats b/c DH is allergic. So, no cats for us...EVER! :)

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

I am sure "T" will come around:) Cool to visit Seattle!

Three Js said...

What a cute new kitty! Sure, eventually they'll be friends. Like Mandy and Noah are :-)

MamaJoss said...

Aww - glad to hear the cone is off...poor puppy! And your new kitty is so cute...makes me want one!

Whitney said...

I had to giggle when I was the pictures of the new cat, especailly where she has been camping out. Cats are so silly that way!

I hope you had a good mother's day!!

Norm said...

Looks like it was a great weekend!
Tess or T is pretty cute.

The Blonde Duck said...

I think that cat and Queen Bitty are related. They share the same scathing glare.

wife.mom.nurse said...

LOL! I was looking for the kitty in the 1st pix. I have heard of UNDER the bed, but a cat under the covers (LOL) a new one on me!

What a cute mommy-daughter pix on the bottom!

Megan said...

Awwwww, she's precious!! Such a sweet face!

Glad Baxter is feeling better.

Yay for a good day in Seattle! =D