Friday, May 8, 2009

37 things I know about my husband

  1. He is a great daddy.
  2. He loves his family.
  3. He misses his daughter when she is not here.
  4. He works very hard.
  5. He loves movies that I think are lame and he’ll watch them repeatedly if given the chance (Money Train, anyone?).
  6. He likes a nice glass of red wine.
  7. He is getting really good at pulling weeds.
  8. He tolerates my moods very well.
  9. He is very even-tempered.
  10. He is in great shape.
  11. He loves banana cream pie.
  12. He sometimes forgets certain words, and endlessly amuses me with whatever word he makes up in its place “My friend’s daughter had her ALTOIDS removed”.
  13. He rarely complains.
  14. He can’t wait to go back to Hawaii.
  15. He doesn’t like spiders.
  16. He makes the best “to-do” lists.
  17. He usually drives when we are both in the car.
  18. He loves sports.
  19. He plays Fantasy Football and gets so excited about drafting his “team”.
  20. He went to Washington State University, forever a “Coug”
  21. He loves to barbeque.
  22. He grew up in Everett.
  23. He eats yogurt for breakfast every weekday morning.
  24. He likes cherry yogurt the best.
  25. He doesn’t eat yogurt on Friday. That is donut day.
  26. He is kind.
  27. He is silly.
  28. He loves Las Vegas.
  29. He likes Jason Statham movies (see also #5).
  30. He is always willing to “watch the kids” so I can have some alone time.
  31. He loves coffee.
  32. He made me manicotti the first time he ever cooked me a meal.
  33. He drinks tea when he is sick, so if you catch him with a cup of tea you know he’s not feeling well.
  34. He watches a lot of ESPN, but is always ready to change the channel when I show up.
  35. He can’t scare me as good as I can scare him. Yet.
  36. He is getting really skilled at hanging Christmas lights.
  37. He completes me.

Happy Birthday!! I love you!!

post signature

18 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

Manicotti? No wonder you married him! I hope he has a great b-day!

Valerie said...

Aww I liked that!! I'm like The Blonde Duck he made Manicotti! I can't even make that. lol

Happy Birthday to him!! lol

Three Js said...

That is very, very sweet! I hope you have fun in Seattle!

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

AAAAWWWWWW... Happy birthday to your hubby!

The Rambler said...

Hauoli La Hanau Hubby of Mighty M :)

What a list!

And Manicotti? For real? Can I give my husband your husbands number? :)

OH, and Mahalo for the funny today on my blog :)

(Trying to drop some hawaiian words for you today :)

Unknown said...

#5 - about the movies

My husband does the same thing. I can't tell you how many times we've watched Dumb and Dumber and The Fifth Element. Ugggg!

Happy Birthday to your Hubby, too!

Stacy said...

Aw... I loved this post!!! And I love it that you met and married this great guy! :)

#12 cracked me up. (The forgetting certain words one!)

Happy Birthday, Mickey!

Sherrie said...

Awww...that's sweet. Sounds like a keeper if you ask me...LOL! Happy Birthday to your hubby!

Anonymous said...

Well, that made me cry. But an easy thing to do. My tooth hurts like a bitch and I am cranky and easily moved.

Anonymous said...

And I can't remember how to sign in.. TuTU

wife.mom.nurse said...

How sweet.

I love this post. What a neat way to wish your man a happy b-day.

Happy Birthday Mighty M's Hubby!!!

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful list! Happy birthday to your husband.

Roxy said...

enjoy the birthday outing!

Daddy M said...

Thanks honey for the great blog....and thanks for not discussing that I make the best "to do list" but that is as far as it gets..

Love ya

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

What a cute idea! I loved #12~ He and I would get along!

Jenn said...

What a sweet tribute! This has gotta make his birthday even better!

Megan said...

Awww, what a great guy! =D

Happy Birthday to Mr. Mighty M.!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Your hubby sounds like a wonderful guy, I especially love #36!