Tuesday, May 12, 2009

the top 10 things I wish I wrote less in my blog comments

  1. Cute!
  2. LOL!
  3. Great pictures!!
  4. :-)
  5. ;-)
  6. Beautiful!!
  7. Love it!!
  8. Too funny!!
  9. Haha!
  10. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every day I read and comment on a lot of blogs.  I like to think I can come up with creative, witty responses.  And sometimes I do.  But often my comments consist of and/or include one – or more – of the above. 

With LOTS of exclamation points!!!

After all, I AM trying to convey my excitement and/or interest in your post. 

Sometimes I want to challenge myself.  “No “cutes” today!”.  But it hasn’t happened yet. 

Because truly, many pictures I see out there are just too darn cute. 

But I have my trusty thesaurus nearby so don’t be surprised if I suddenly start spouting phrases like:

  1. “Why, that is simply delightful!”
  2. “What a charming post!”
  3. “How quaint!"
  4. “That is one awe-inspiring story!”
  5. “Your images are breathtaking!”
  6. “Impressive!”
  7. “Wow, your words were just spine-tingling!”
  8. “Your pictures are dynamite!”
  9. “Your blog post was insightful and not at all loquacious!”
  10. “I’m simply flabbergasted by your mesmerizing story!”

You get the idea.

I’ve got a thesaurus at hand and thousands of new words to try out. 

But don’t be surprised if I stick to “cute”. 

And as always, plenty of !!!!!!!!

post signature

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, what a funloving idea! ;)

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I thought I was the !! queen!

Any comment is a good comment.

Sherrie said...

Well, that's quite the amibitious goal, and I wish you well. :) I think we should all pull out our thesaurus from time-to-time. I'm notorious for leaving the same stuff over, too. I think everyone does it to be frank. :) See -- I tried using different words.

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

What a CUTE post! Made me LOL! Too funny!!!

Three Js said...

I think you should be disinclined to acquiesce to your own request! However you could go to Merriam-Webster online and sign up for the word of the day e-mail. That's what I did recently to fire up the gray matter!

Unknown said...

Well, I'm going to break the rules, too.

LOL, that post was too funny!!!!!!

I actually think you've done well with the comments you've left on my blog. I say "good job"! And I also say thank you.

Jennifer said...

Brilliant post! I have the same problem with leaving comments. I read so many lengthy, thoughtful ones and I always feel inadequate.

valentine said...

i don't know about you, but sometimes i worry i might scare someone if i comment how i speak....so i stick with the "basics"....your post has inspired me to stop being so boring and predictable. thanks.

Optimistic Pessimist said...

what a delighful post!

Roxy said...

oh, to resist a TOO FUNNY!
But really...I am guilty of your choosen post! At least it's nice to have a partner in crime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wife.mom.nurse said...

Cute! LOL!

")

Megan said...

I'm right there with ya!

LOL

Haha!

;0P

Crystal said...

I too am guilty of leaving similar comments over and over, along with too many exclamations. I don't think I ever leave a comment without at least one exclamation!

Kelly said...

It's hard not to say cute because there are so many cute pictures out there. Sometimes I think it's pointless to leave a comment that someone else has said but I know I appreciate all comments people leave because it lets me know that they were at my blog and reading my material.