As most of you don't know because I haven't told you, my husband is fishing this week in some remote corner of northern Canada with his dad and a bunch of other guys. He left Sunday and won't be back until this Sunday.
I can't even call him on his CELL PHONE to tell him to make sure he is shaving and brushing his teeth! The travesty!
This is the first time I've been alone with BOTH kids for this length of time, and like anything, the week has had it's ups and downs.
But I like to focus on the positive, so I thought I would recap some of the highlights in my week of being "home alone".
1) Cereal and pancakes for dinner. Enough said.
2) When I watch Glee, I can sing out loud to the songs as much as I want.
3) Blogging? WHENEVER I WANT (when the kids are sleeping or otherwise occupied of course)
4) Leg shaving?? On hiatus for the week. It's raining so it's not like I'm wearing shorts anyways.
5) I have the bed all to myself and without mentioning any names, nobody is here to use their feet to untuck the dang sheets from the bottom of the bed!!!
6) When I open a bottle of wine, it's all mine!
7) Showering? Whenever I get around to it, that's when!
8) First dibs on all the magazines that come in the mail!
9) Nobody here to MAYBE notice if I MAYBE get a package or two in the mail. Which MAY or MAY not be clothes or beauty products. Or books.
10) I am not getting teased about my tendency to laugh out loud when I read funny books. Like Jen Lancaster's My Fair Lazy which I am in the middle of right now.
So, things could definitely be worse. Of course I won't mention that I have to do all the waste management around here (i.e., clean up after the dog), and that I tend to get a bit anxious at night before I go to bed (houses make so much noise). And that I wake up super early every day. And that I miss him.
Sunday, you're only 3 days away!