My husband is off for his annual weekend retreat with the guys.
You know, the one where:
- They are all assigned a specific food item to bring, but everyone brings beer. Lots of beer.
- Shaving and showering are optional, at least until it’s time to come home to the wife and kids.
- Cell phones conveniently don’t work because they conveniently picked a place very much out of cell phone range.
- Video games will be played.
- Poker is too.
- They will reminisce about the good old college days.
- Staying up late is a must.
- You sleep where you find a spot.
- Toilet seats get to stay up.
- Manners are optional.
It’s just a guy thing.
And for us, it’s just once a year.
At least, once a year as long as we omit fantasy football draft night, occasional
excuses to drink beer golf games, along with a poker night or two thrown in for good measure.
I don’t find myself doing “girl” weekends
EVER very often. But I definitely have my share of “me” time: pedicures, dinners out with girlfriends, shopping, and the occasional spa outing.
All of these are possible because I have a wonderful husband who is more than willing to take care of the kids while I get in my “me” time.
So honey, go have fun. You deserve it.
And I won’t expect your call.
Just be ready for the hand-off when you get home on Sunday.